International Montessori School
Board of Directors
Head of School - Norma Burillo
School Principal, Mrs. Norma Burillo, was born in Madrid, Spain. She is a Spanish/Castilian native and fluent in English and Portuguese. Mrs. Norma has over ten years of teaching experience in the early year’s field. She has been responsible for founding and successfully running IMS in the time she has been teaching.
She holds an AMI Primary diploma from the Southwest Institute of Montessori Studies in Phoenix, AZ. and an AMI Administration course.
Mrs. Norma Burillo also holds a BA degree in Business Administration & Finance from San Pablo CEU University in Madrid, Spain.
Mrs. Norma holds a DELE Spanish Teacher Diploma with experience of 15 years in the field. Also, she has additional training in AMI Special Needs and a Mindfulness & Neuroscience Technician Certificate. In addition, she holds a Master’s Degree in Arts and Education (M.A. Ed.) from The INESEM Business School in Granada, Spain.
She is passionate about the benefits of the Montessori approach and dedicated to ensuring top-quality practice and provision in line with the key elements of Dr. Montessori’s philosophy.
Mrs. Norma and Mr. Marcus have a son who will finish his Montessori Middle program next year.
- HEAD OF SCHOOL/LEAD TEACHER
- AMI PRIMARY DIPLOMA - SIMS SOUTHWEST INSTITUTE OF MONTESSORI STUDIES
- AMI ADMINISTRATION COURSE
- Bachelor degree of Business Administration in Finance - San Pablo CEU University
- Master of Arts Degree in Education (M.A. Ed.) - INESEM BUSINESS SCHOOL
- SUPPORTING THE DYSLEXIC CHILD IN MONTESSORI - MONTESSORI AT ROSEBOROUGH
- understanding interventions and therapies in a montessori setting - MONTESSORI MEDICAL PARTNERSHIP FOR INCLUSION MMPI
- Mindfulness & Neuroscience Technician Certificate
- DELE Spanish Teacher Diploma - INSTITUTO CERVANTES
Lead Primary Guide - Carolina Tabares
Lead Primary Guide, Mrs. Carolina Tabares is a certified Montessori Teacher (NAMC) with more than 10 years of experience working with kids from 3 to 6 years old. She is currently finishing her AMI Primary diploma from the Southwest Institute of Montessori Studies in Phoenix, AZ.
She holds a certification in positive behavior support from the Family Central Department in Florida which helps to establish and build a trusting relationship with the students and families. She also has a Bachelor’s degree in science of communication and journalism.
Mrs. Carolina is a Spanish native and fluent in English. She likes to write and read, and, she loves spending time doing sports and drawing sketches.
- LEAD PRIMARY GUIDE
- AMS PRIMARY DIPLOMA (NAMC)
- Bachelor's degree in Science of Communication and Journalism
- RBT (REGISTERED BEHAVIOR TECHNICIAN) AT BEHAVIOR UNIVERSITY
Assistant Primary Guide/Assistant Administrator- Yolyann Rosa
Assistant Primary Guide/Assistant Administrator, Mrs. Yolyann Rosa, is a certified AMI Primary Assistant from the Montessori Training Center Northeast in Hartford, CT.
Mrs. Yolyann found a passion for assisting all students, teachers, and parents and has worked in administration for many years.
She holds a Bachelor’s degree of Science in Hospitality Management. In addition, Mrs. Yolyann holds a Certificate of Education in Animal Assisted Psychotherapy (CAAP).
Mrs. Yolyann is native of English and Spanish. She loves taking care of animals and spending time with her family and friends in her free time.
- Assistant Primary Guide/Assistant Administrator
- AMI PRIMARY Assistant DIPLOMA - the Montessori Training Center Northeast
- BACHELOR'S DEGREE IN HOSPITALITY AND MANAGEMENT
- Certificate of Education in Animal Assisted Psychotherapy (CAAP)
Behavior Consultant - Julia Trujillo
Ms. Julia works from a strength-based and solution-focused approach to tackle everyone’s hard to break patterns. With compassion and non-judgment, let’s begin the journey of becoming the best there is.
She works with children, adolescents and families. She collaboratively develops treatment goals and implements individualized interventions depending upon the needs of the child.
Ms. Julia specializes in psychological, psychoeducational assessments for children and adults.
In my free time I like to read, draw, and dance. I love to go for a walk and enjoy nature. My method to relax is to go to the beach and disconnect from everything and charge positive energy. Family time is very important to me and I really enjoy it.